Virtual Reality, or VR, is a medium that allows the viewer to get immersed into a virtual 3D experience. The virtual environment replaces the real world in the eyes of the viewer, who can move and look around, and sometimes even interact with the virtual content.
Augmented Reality, or AR, let us see the real-life environment right in front of us—trees swaying in the park, dogs chasing balls, kids playing soccer—with a digital augmentation overlaid on it.
In this course students explore the creation of virtual tours, storytelling, games and simulations. The beauty of this approach is that it allows for creativity and coding in multiple dimensions (3D, voiceover, music, video etc.). There is no limit to what one can create!
Benefits of VR for students
- Provides a FUN environment for learning
- Allows thinking in 3 dimensions in various sizes
- Develops 21st century skills needed to adopt technological advances to ones benefit
- Leads to higher student engagement in the classroom
- Enhances collaboration and teamwork
- Increases retention of knowledge